Do you ever look around and think, “How did I get here?” I am looking at my calendar wondering how we have gotten to January 20th already!
My intent was to get all of the content that is in my head onto my blog and put out into the world via social media. I have loads of ideas for a blog series and other media. But, none of it has yet to enter the world. Does this happen to you? Lots of ideas but lack execution?
So today I have had to rethink my ideas. Not because I am unable to execute them, but because I really need to reestablish a more realistic timeline. My ideas are going to go nowhere when I am completely overwhelmed by them. It is times like this that I need to stop looking at the big picture and take the next step.
Here’s what I did: (I actually stepped back a bit so that I could take my next step which was to write this post)
- I listed all of my responsibilities (ALL of them). This was shocking when I made a list of all the things I have to do through out the week. I even included the things for me, like shower and brush my teeth
- I highlighted the ones I have to do and the ones I like to do and the ones I could just let go separately. (I did put brush my teeth and shower under the have to list 😉)
- I created a schedule. Not a minute by minute schedule. I created a daily, weekly, and sometimes task schedule.
- I made a list of all the things I want to do. This was a list that was not held back by thinking. I just kept writing all the things I could possible want to do.
- Next, I pulled out my highlighter again and highlighted by these categories: Currently working on, Would like to work on, Should be working on, This seems cool, and Kind of a pipe dream but hey it’s out there
From this you can see that I like to make lists. But really these lists are what I am able to refer to to figure out where to go next. Legitimately there are things I have to do and things that are just fun for me to do.
Now I need to start figuring out my next steps. I own a business and have been working on building a second one. My husband also owns a business. There are a lot of “have tos” in those sentences. This is why I am perpetually almost fit. Sometimes my responsibilities get in the way of each other. I have to keep my business running but I do also have to take care of myself so that I can keep it running. My lists really do help me remember that there are often many things that fit in the category of “Today.”
Are you wondering what you can expect from this blog? It has been over 30 days since my last post because I was overwhelmed with all of the other things happening around me. That may happen again. But my intent is to publish more frequently, post more gym reviews, and bring in some new series and ideas.
I would love to know what you would like to see on the blog.
I’d love for you to follow my journey of healthy living and visiting as many gyms as I can squeeze in. You can follow or subscribe HERE to this blog so you never have to miss a post.
Yes!!!!! Make a list. Start at the beginning. Start somewhere– anywhere!